Imagine miles of clean sandy beaches, long hot sunny days & fun for all the family. This is what the Vendée department of Western France has to offer. With over 140km of beaches and over 3,000 hours of sunshine every year, this makes the Vendée an ideal destination for summer holidays and off-season breaks. Transport links from the UK & Ireland are good, and the roads are never jammed – even in the height of summer! Perfect spot for beaches, wine tours, the Puy du Fou and nature lovers.
Choose your self-catering, family friendly holiday home from our wide range of properties throughout the Vendée – including two-bedroom bolt-holes in the countryside, 4 bedroom villas near the beach or 5 bedroom family homes in the country – we cater for a wide variety of group sizes and all properties are known personally to us, many having the owners on-site and all having Wi-Fi internet access.
A Selection of Our Properties:
Le Vieux Café & L’Ecurie
These two well-equipped holiday cottages are set in the pretty village of Lairoux, only a 20km drive to the beach at La Tranche sur Mer. Le Vieux Café has three bedrooms, sleeping up to 8 guests and L’Ecurie has 2 bedrooms for 4/5 guests. An ideal spot for families – with a large heated pool, huge games room and a large enclosed garden. Open all year, well equipped and dogs are welcome.
Résidence des Papillons
Résidence des Papillons is a 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom newly renovated holiday home for up to 11 guests – stone building with a modern décor, set in a large garden with heated pool. Ideal for family groups or friends wanting to holiday together. Village location and less than an hour to the beach or the Puy du Fou. Open from May until October each year.
Les Pins du Phare
Les Pins du Phare Holiday Villa, La Tranche sur Mer: Only 400 metres from one of the long sandy beaches at La Tranche sur Mer, this four-bedroom villa with private heated pool and quiet location is ideal for relaxing and taking in the entertainment on offer in this busy seaside town. Sleeps up to 8 guests and dogs are welcome.
La Métairie Holiday Home, La Chapel-Thèmer: Set in a quiet country hamlet and surrounded by fields of sunflowers and maize; this three-bedroom restored farmhouse can cater for up to 6 guests, with heated pool and large garden is a great place to relax and unwind with a glass of local wine. Only 40 minutes from the Puy du Fou Theme Park.
Maison Meli is a 5 bedroom stone cottage with lots of old world charm. There is a private pool and garden, and is set in a pretty hamlet only 15 minutes from Fontenay le Comte. Just over an hour to the beach, but there is a leisure lake nearby with water activities during the summer. Perfect for a large family get-together.
If you are visiting the Vendée for a holiday in summer or winter, or are planning a house-hunting trip, we can be of service to you. We have a vast local knowledge, contacts with tourist attractions, estate agents and local trade people.
Visit our website for more information about your next holiday in the Vendée or telephone Annette on: 00 33 251 28 43 98 or WhatsApp: 00 33 643 37 87 74
Vendée Holiday Cottages Marketing Services
We have been successfully running our own two holiday homes – Maison Lairoux (www.maisonlairoux.com) – since the 2007 season, and the following year, we then started to manage the marketing and reservations of other holiday homes in the area. We now have a portfolio of around 20 properties that we know well and have a good relationship with the property owners.
The Vendée Holiday Cottages website showcases those properties, and we are open to accepting more properties into our group.
If you would like your holiday home to become part of the Vendée Holiday Cottages group of properties, we can manage the communication and marketing for your holiday home, giving you peace of mind and a professional service.
Here’s what Vendée Holiday Cottages can do for you:
- Personally visit your property to assess suitability and make recommendations to increase bookings.
- Professional write-up and photographs taken of your property, gardens, surrounding attractions.
- Creation of advert on Vendée Holiday Cottages website.
- Creation of adverts with other paid holiday websites – such as Brittany Ferries/Holiday France Direct, Trip Advisor, AirBnB, plus other local sites.
- Give your Holiday Home a Social Media presence – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- Professionally deal with all correspondence with potential and actual guests.
- Initial contact after potential guest enquiry.
- Follow up emails with full booking and payment details.
- Final payment requests to guests.
- Point of contact during holiday (if owner not on site).
- Follow-up emails for reviews after holiday.
- Monthly reports to owners showing enquiries and bookings.
- Marketing emails to potential guests and re-marketing to previous guests for the following year.
The benefits of using Vendée Holiday Cottages to market your holiday home:
- If an enquiry arrives for one property and the weeks are not available, we have a selection of others to show viewers, so you have an improved chance of reservations.
- As a property owner, you may not have the time or knowledge to market your holiday home successfully.
- We can act as a local representative in the Vendée if you do not live nearby.
- Guests come to trust Vendée Holiday Cottages and contact us for recommendations – they also send their friends to us!
If you would like to discuss your holiday home with us, please contact us
Telephone Annette on 00 33 251 28 43 98